Welcome to the KM Surgical website. This website is owned by, and its content is published by KM Surgical (“KM Surgical“).
Information on this Website
The information on this website is intended for general, public information only and should not be considered to be complete or definitive. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this website is correct, however we do not warrant that it is accurate or complete.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, KM Surgical accepts no responsibility regarding the completeness or accuracy of information on this website and use of such information is at your own risk.
When you visit the KM Surgical website, the following information will be recorded by our Website Service Provider (“WSP”) for statistical purposes:
- your server address
- the date and time of your visit to this website
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded; and
- some technical information including the type of browser used, operating system and screen resolution.
All non-personal information or material sent to KM Surgical is deemed not to be confidential and generic of nature. You grant KM Surgical an unrestricted irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute that information or material, for any purpose.
No attempt will be made to identify you or your browsing activities from these records except in the unlikely event of an investigation by the WSP, or where a law enforcement agency exercises a warrant to inspect the WSP’s logs.
Dermatology appointments are typically booked for 15-30 minutes depending on your condition. We offer video/telederm and in-clinic appointments. Our fees are as follows:
- Initial consultation (Medical) $285
- Full skin check $255
- Multi lesion check $195
- Single lesion check $165
Follow up consultations varies between $155-255. Surgical follow up consultations within 6 weeks post-surgery are complimentary.
If you are a Southern Cross Member and use this insurance for your visit at KM Surgical, we are an affiliated provider with them and have set fees. If your insurance is declined you will be charged as per our normal rates for non-Southern Cross.
Arrival time for your appointment
Please arrive on time to your appointment, if you are a new patient you will need to arrive 10 minutes prior to fill in our patient information forms. All patients who arrive more than 15 mins past their scheduled appointment will need to be rescheduled.
A chaperone is available on request
This is a staff member at KM Surgical, if you would like a chaperone present during your appointment please let us know.
Cancellation policy for appointments
We understand that sometimes it is necessary for you to change your appointment. Out of consideration for others, we kindly ask that you provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if you wish to change or cancel your appointment. If insufficient notice is given, a $75 non attendance fee may be incurred and no shows may be charged at full price.
Payment policy for dermatology appointments
All consultations must be paid on the day, if you are covered by Southern Cross Insurance, we will submit your claim online on your behalf if it is part of our agreed affiliated provider contract. All shortfall payments we kindly ask you settle these within 7 days of your invoice date.
Cosmetic Surgery Appointments
Cosmetic surgery consultations are with Dr Ken Macdonald. The fee for this is $125 for a 30-minute appointment. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time to fill in the necessary documentation.
Cancellation policy for cosmetic surgery appointments
We understand that sometimes it is necessary for you to change your appointment. Out of consideration for others, we kindly ask that you provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if you wish to change or cancel your appointment. If insufficient notice is given, a $75 fee may be incurred and no shows may be charged at full price.
Payment policy for cosmetic surgery appointments:
- Please pay your consultation on the day of your appointment.
Payment policy for cosmetic surgery:
- When booking your surgery, you will be asked to pay a deposit. Please pay for your surgery, in full, 7 days prior to your scheduled surgery date. We reserve the right to cancel your surgery if payment hasn’t been received and cleared prior to your surgery date. If you do not show up to your cosmetic surgery there is no refund.
Appearance medicine & dermal therapy consultations
We offer a complimentary consultation with our registered nurses/dermal therapist. We kindly ask that you arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment to fill in the necessary paper work.
Appearance medicine & dermal therapy appointment consultations are for:
- Dermal fillers
- Laser treatments
- IPL (Intense Pulsed Light)
- Dermal needling
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
At your consultation you will be given our information booklet about our procedures and products. When you have considered all the information, you will be fully informed to make an appointment for treatment.
Cancellation Policy for appearance medicine & dermal therapy consultations
Please arrive on time for your treatment as arriving late will lessen your treatment time and we may have to reschedule you. We kindly ask that you give us a minimum of 24 hours’ notice if you wish to change or cancel your appointment. If insufficient notice is given, a fee may be incurred. No shows may be charged at 50% of the treatment cost.
We supply goods and services in New Zealand, so all goods on our website are advertised in New Zealand dollars and include New Zealand Goods and Services Tax (GST) of 15%. We reserve the right to change advertised prices at any time.
Cosmetic surgery/skin surgery, appearance medicine, laser, dermal therapy are quoted at the time of your consultation. This quote is valid for 3 months from the date of your consultation. All quotes are in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
Skincare Make up purchases
Unopened products in their original packaging will be accepted for a refund if returned within 30 days of the date of purchase. Any goods damaged in transit can be returned in original packaging. KM Surgical must be notified of any such damage within 5 days of receiving the order.
Links to Third Party Websites
This website contains links to sites maintained by other organisations (“Third Party Websites”), and those Third Party Websites are not under the control of KM Surgical. KM Surgical does not take any responsibility for the Material or functionality of Third Party Websites (“Third Party Material”).
To the maximum extent permitted by law, KM Surgical makes no warranties or representations:
- regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material or products or services available through Third Party Websites; or that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. KM Surgical is not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking material on this website to Third Party Material.
- You should take appropriate action to ensure that your access to, and use of this website and Third Party Websites is protected against, and free from viruses, worms, trojan horses and other harmful and destructive material.
Trade marks, Copyright and Linking to this Website
KM Surgical is the owner of the copyright and other intellectual property rights of the material contained in this website.
No permission is given in respect of the use of our logo or the imagery and content contained within this website.
- not to copy or adapt any Materials, tamper with this website, misrepresent your identity, or conduct fraudulent activities on the website;
- not to transmit or attempt to transmit any viruses, hack data or engage in any hacking activity of any kind;
- to access this website for personal use only; and
- to comply with all laws in relation to your access or use of Materials on this website, including laws of the country in which you reside or from which you access this website.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law KM Surgical is not liable for any loss, damage or expense (including special, indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit or revenue, loss of use, interruption of business, loss of data, legal costs or settlement costs or otherwise) in connection with:
- use of this website, any other hyperlinked website, Materials on this website or to Third Party Material;
- the transmission of any computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and other harmful and destructive material; or
- any inability to access or use the website due to technical reasons beyond our control.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, KM Surgical provides no representations or warranties, express or implied, including any implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose in relation to any information provided by KM Surgical on this website.
Where liability cannot be excluded, the maximum liability of KM Surgical for a breach of any term, condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise is limited to resupply of the relevant advice or information.